I told you I would write about my weekend with my girlfriends when they sent me some photos. Well...I'm still waiting for those, so I'll show you what I have.
Heidi and Stacey came late May 15 to stay with me for the weekend. I had been counting down the days!
Just a little background: I had worked with them for over 10 years at my old job. When I moved, I was so excited about it. I had gotten married, went on our honeymoon, and moved to another state within 10 days. It was an adventure! I really did not think very much about leaving "my people" in Utah. I mean, here I had waited all this time to find Todd, and I was so happy! It took a few months, but I soon realized that even though I was madly in love with Todd, I needed friends.
Gladly, my friends have dealt with our "long distance relationship" beautifully. We still talk all the time, so when I picked them up at the airport it felt like no time had past. We quickly began talking and laughing, and laughing. That is one of my favorite things about them is they make me laugh!
We spent Friday hanging out, playing with the baby, and laughing. What more could you want?
Saturday we went to the outlets in Vacaville. We had a great time shopping and just being together. We did walk by this woman just sitting on the sidewalk in the baking sun, with her shoes off. Mmmmm... kind of strange but we saw all types! We threw some change at her and kept walking.
My friends bought me a fabulous dress just because they love me. I know you're jealous of my friends. Well back off.... you can't have em!
After our shopping excursion we went to see:
Here we are sitting on the floor waiting for the cleaning crew to finish our theater. I think we almost had as much fun outside the theater as inside.
As we waited for our flick to begin, we learned entirely too much information about Johnny and Diva:
I'm not sure that I have ever been introduced to such an ego, (not personally, but by means of giant pictures and captions cascading on the movie screen he owns).
The movie was funny. Although since pregnancy, I no longer have a memory, so I can't quote any of the funny lines!
I had a wonderful time with my friends. How lucky I am to have them take time away from their families to come see me! I believe the measure of a true friend is do they make you a better person? I'm lucky...... mine do!



1 comments:
How fun that they got to come visit you. One of my best friends is coming next week and I'm excited. I love friends that are the same no matter how long you've been apart.
Post a Comment