My mom, dad, and I were sealed together as a family in the Salt Lake Temple 23 years ago today. It was always a nice day to remember for us. I was 13 years old, and got to wear a beautiful white dress. I remember I had to wait a long time in the temple for mom and dad to take out their endowments. (They learned they should have done these two things on different days...they were exhausted.) I remember finally getting to walk into the room, and lots of our family and friends were there. I mostly remember the cool mirror that goes on and on and on. We took lots of pictures, and had a beautiful "open house" at my grandma and grandpa Palmer's home. For many years after that, we would celebrate our "family anniversary" by going out to dinner or doing something special. My parents often gave me small gifts too. As the years went by we didn't celebrate quite as much, but by the end of the day, one of us would always say; "Do you know what today is?" Sometimes things mean more to you if you have to work for them. Our family had to work hard for "our anniversary", and it was worth it. I love you both!
Шарий Задержан
4 years ago


5 comments:
I remember going to your grandma's aferwards i was so excited for you guys!
I don't remember this day, but I remember the day your dad was babtized and we all sang "Families Together Forever"! I will never forget it. I love you guys and you are all an inspiration to me and my little family. I pray every day for our day to come. Thanks for sharing this memory!
Tami, that was so much fun to read and I am jealous that you had a "family anniversary" to share with your parents every year. You guys were always so close and when I met you I was so impressed by this. I love you and have learned so much from your example...Thanks!
What a good day!! I don't remember this either, most likely because I wasn't involved...but I remember singing at your dad's baptism like shelb! What awesome memories...I feel so lucky to have 2 families...Love you guys!
I remember 3 little tiny babies being there at Grandma's party afterwards. Their names were Christopher, Daniel and Amy Jo Smith and they were 3 month old preemie triplets. I know that their big sisters were there as well...can't believe you don't remember!!!!! It really was a special day.
Post a Comment