BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 7, 2008

VARMINTS!

Well here we are in sunny California where things are supposed to be highly civilized and better than anywhere else, that's what Gov. Terminator says in the commercials anyway. I would like to point out a few things that I never had to deal with in my little state of Utah:

Lizards running all over my yard.



and

These weird black bugs that come into my house, walk around for a few hours, flip on their backs and die. They seem to visit only in May.


and


These delightful birds who insist on building nests on our roof,


even though Todd keeps shooting them with:



The pellets apparently don't phase them, and they continue to build nests, make noise, and POOP all over the outside of my house!

And now for the newest member of the annoyance club:


Look at him....standing proud.


Not afraid that he's in a backyard of a human.

Not afraid that he is actually 5 feet away from an actual human!


No, he quickly scampers over on the deck to let me know he frequents that place too, probably more than me, and he is still not afraid.

You might think to yourself, well I bet he really is afraid he's just putting on a brave face.

Oh contrare, and just to prove it to you he calls his friends over to frolic and eat in the backyard of the human.



Although I'm all for friends, parties, and eating, I'd rather I have a say in who or what is doing it in my backyard.



5 comments:

shelby said...

I am laughing so hard right now. How fun is your house. I wish I had all those friends. Ok, I really don't!!!!! Have fun with them! And try to keep them on that side of the country I am trying to keep up with my kids on this side!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...but they're so cute!!!!!!!
They know where party central is...can you blame them for gathering at the Johnsons? Mr black ugly bug needs to be directed to a goth party, however!!!!!!

Audry said...

I think you can buy special food to help with the pigeons. It makes them sick(but does not kill them) How is Gabby's potty prob?

Ricci said...

That is crazy. You have it way worse than we do. I occasionally see a lizard, but I did have a jack rabbit eat one of my plants in the front. My friends husband is a bird man, he actually catches and crates pigeons for trap shooters back east. But you might be a little far away. Love ya!

D-dawg said...

Tami, I know what you mean. We get the same stuff. Can Todd come shoot our annoying birds please???