Now it's down to 2. Barack Obama and John McCain. Both men are good enough, I guess. Is it just me, or is electing a President kind of like buying a car. Even though I love having the car, I hate the process. I hate knowing that at about 5 different places along the way I can get screwed! I do so much research, look at all my possibilities, and really try to be informed. Still, doing all that, there is no guarantee that someone or many people haven't lied to me along the way and I could lose my muffler as I'm pulling off the lot.
This is why I say "Bartlet for President". Who is "Bartlet", some of you might ask? (Although I hope you didn't, because then you've missed one of the great shows of our time.)
Jed Bartlet is a fictional President played by Martin Sheen, on the TV show "The West Wing".
The show ran from 1999 to 2006. I absolutely love this show! I watched it during it's run on TV, and then bought all the DVD's. I still watch the show all the time. One might say I'm a little obsessed with it. Actually more than one person has said it... It is a smart, witty, well written show, with great actors. It depicts life in the White House, and does it well according to real politicians. There is no sex or violence and it actually teaches you about government.
So here's my questions:
Why can't real politicians be like Jed?
Why can't real politicians give speeches like him? They could hire Aaron Sorkin to write for them!
Why can't real politicians apologize when they make a mistake?
Why can't real politicians make you feel like you truly do live in the greatest country on earth, and make you want to make things better?
I know, I know, it's TV not real life. But sometimes I wish there was a little music playing, a special look, a little hint, (like on TV) to let you know who is genuine and real.



1 comments:
I'm in!!! Let's make him our write-in candidate...but then...who would really be President, Jed or Martin???? Either way, it's got to be better doesn't it?????
God Bless the USA..THE very best country on earth!!!!
Post a Comment