BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I understand I am a day late for this, but I was really struggling with what to say. I talked about my dad a few weeks ago and everyone knows how I feel about him, so I didn't know what else to say. My friend Celia, (who is a fantastic blogger) wrote "10 Things Her Father Taught Her" in her blog. I thought it was great, so sorry babe, I'm copying you!


This picture was taken 3 years ago on Valentine's Day. My dad had made our favorite cake for my mom and me. We loved how it said "Yous". He was a classic!


Ten Things My Dad Taught Me
1. NEVER run out of gas.

2. "It's just as easy to fall in love with a rich guy as it is a poor guy, so do the right thing, Daddy needs a corvette!" (Sorry Dad,)

3. If you get in an accident, ALWAYS call the police.

4. Unless you are confined to a hospital bed, GO TO WORK!

5. Forgive people.

6. There's always room for ice cream.

7. Do what you say you'll do.

8. You can never have too many ice chests.

9. Good things can sometimes be found in dumpsters!

10. You get what you pay for.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I love that picture!and the 10 things he taught you! I hope you had a good father's day with your great hubby and kids! I love you!

Amy B. said...

I loved reading that. I find so many things in my life that I do that I learned from my dad. They are the best, I was always a daddy's girl like you. Can't wait to see you...

shelby said...

You know I always loved that I had 2 dad's, yours and mine. They are both such wise men too!!! I love the dumpster stuff it is true you know!!(gross) Love ya hope you had a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

What can I say? You made me smile. He truly was wise, in his very special way! How could you not love someone who makes your favorite cake for you? Now really, how many husbands or Dads have done that???????
I miss him...and I love you!

Ricci said...

I am so glad you are keeping him alive by talking about him. I miss him so much, just seeing his pic makes me teary eyed. Love you!