BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 26, 2008

Under the Knife, (I Mean Scissors)


Monday I went for a haircut.

I was super excited about it. I'm not sure if everyone gets so excited to get their hair done but I do. I think it's probably just the hope that I'm going to look SOOOOO much better when I leave.

My hair has gotten really long in the last couple of years. Maybe that's what happiness does to it, I can't explain it.

Todd said to me before we got married: "You're not going to cut your hair as soon as we get married are you?"

He really likes it long. I know this. I have wanted to cut it above my shoulders for a year now, but have not because of him. He is not the boss of me, but I do respect his opinion. As some of you might remember, when I met and married him, he buzzed his hair. He keeps his hair longer now, and I love it. He does it mostly for me.

I wanted to keep it longer for him, but I absolutely hated it. It was too much to deal with. With the baby in it all the time, and the time it took to do, I never felt like it looked that good anyway. I went to the salon seeking a compromise: No Victoria Beckham, but also no polygamist hair.

Here is the result.



It might not look short to you, but she cut off around 5 inches.

Todd does'nt like it. Well he says it's ok, but he misses my looooong hair.

I know guys generally like long hair rather than short. I don't really understand it, but I know it's true. I was sad when I saw his expression. Obviously I wanted him to think it was fabulous. I guess it will grow on us. For now I like it, and it's easier to do. Hopefully he'll learn to like it.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

DARLING! i know the sweet freedom feeling of finally get your hair cut!

Sally said...

He will...because he likes you!!! Just a little!!!

I, on the other hand love it!!!

Amy B. said...

I love it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm a couple of posts behind....but just to add my two cents.... You are beautiful, always have been, always will be. And the hair. I've never, well maybe once, twice at the most, seen you have a bad hair day! Love ya, miss ya!