
Oh you better believe it sports fans! It's my favorite time of the year!
FOOTBALL SEASON!
Tonight is the beginning...
I wish I could express adequately how I feel about this time of year. I absolutely love the fall. I realize since I've moved to Cali that I don't get as true of a sense of it as I did in Utah, with the coolness, and the leaves changing, but I still know it's fall.
As a football fan you can feel it coming. A certain something in the air, the need to wear a little black paint under your eye, the sudden desire to yell at the TV, and a yearning to dig out your old shoulder pads. Oh yes my friends, it's here. Here to stay for 5 months.
- Have a friendly wager with your husband on the games.
- Decide on a prize for each of you depending on who wins.
- Each week pick the winners of each of the 16 or so (depends on the week) games.
- Keep a running total of games lost and won.
- At the end of the regular season, see who won, and claim your prize!
- Bragging rights for the next 9 months!
Doesn't that sound like fun! And there's the possibility of a great prize! Come on people!!!
Last year Todd and I did this, and we had a great time! I actually won by 1 game, but we never decided on a prize so.......too bad, so sad for me.
It's different this year.
Our prizes have been selected, and I will be posting our scores every Tuesday to keep you all apprised of the standings.
I assume you all will be rooting for ME and my COWBOYS!
Todd is a good man, but a little confused about the best team in the NFL.
Enjoy the games my friends!



6 comments:
Just a note about the blogger from her Mom.
Tami's been a football fan for as long as I remember and before that, it was basketball. I was so glad she loved sports and was athletic because afterall, she was the son her Dad would never have!!!!! I think it created a bond with her Dad early on because he had someone to cheer for on the sidelines (well, sometimes he cheered and sometimes....well, you know Gordon!) and someone to play HORSE with. You see, his wife was athletically challenged! I love that she loves this season...and that she and Todd can enjoy it together, even being on opposing sides! What fun!!!
GO COWBOYS! (and that other team 2nd!!)
Love you guys!
Yeah, we're not so into football around here. Can we still be friends?
can we bet on games but not have to watch them? i have a problem, when i cheer a team on they loose; hense the reason we could not watch michael phelps live or any tv at all when he was swimming - no way i was going to be resposible for him loosing. my kids swim their very best when i'm not watching...
so to help your personal cause along, i will not cheer for your c'boys and i will cheer for todds'.
Lady, I'm rooting for you (and the cowboys or whoever you pick). I think you know I don't know ANYTHING about football and I married some crazy dude that doesn't care about it either. (Is he the only man like this on the planet?) However, I'll enjoy the cool fall air and the leaves for you and I'll even pull out a little black paint. Love you!
You are too freaking funny!!! I love it! Good luck..hope you picked a good big prize for you to enjoy after your victory dance!!! Love ya.
Did I say that two callings was too much for you?...Because I'm thinking you need a third, if you have time to keep track of all that football stuff!
Post a Comment