BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 5, 2008

Not too late for Thanks!

I have been very neglectful of the blog this month. I've been busy, and absent minded. I did want to post about our nice little Thanksgiving.

It was just the 4 of us this Thanksgiving. Todd doesn't really love "Thanksgiving" food, so I didn't want to cook everything just for me and Macie. I did some checking on the internet and found this restaurant called MacArthur Park that served a special buffet for the day. The menu sounded absolutely fabulous, but you never really know what you're going to get.

We set out for Palo Alto for our yummy dinner.

We arrived at this charming place.


We sat right in front of this:


We went and gathered our first plateful....was it going to be worth the trip... was it going to be worth the money? Was it going to be worthy to be called our Thanksgiving Dinner?

YES!

This is me enjoying my garlic mashed potatos. Not to mention my filet mignon, iced shrimp, butternut squash raviolis, macaroni and cheese, salmon florentine, bbq ribs, fresh green beans, phyllo wrapped baked brie, homemade rolls, and creme brulee.



Everyone was quite happy!



I was going to take pictures of the buffet, but I felt way to stupid to bring a camera to all the tables. There was so much food, and I only listed the things that I actually ate. There was a lot more!

Here are some left over dishes. Notice the four creme brulee cups. Gabby and I loved them!

I am so thankful for a wonderful family, good health, a warm home and good friends. I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

I am salivating. That sounds so good. I'm glad you loved it.

D-dawg said...

Oh and good job taking a few pics. I would have been too embarrassed to take them of the food too!

Nicole said...

I love eating with you! You pick the best spots.