BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 15, 2008

Mad

I'm not really sure I should be posting this, but it's how I feel today, and I feel like this is the only way I know how to deal with all the thoughts in my head.

I'm mad.

I'm mad today. I'm frustrated and mad.

I'm mad that I'm bringing my family home to see my mom and not my dad. I'm mad and angry that he's not there. This isn't how it's supposed to be. This isn't how I thought it would be in my head before I got married. I imagined my little family coming over to my parent's home and enjoying this wonderful time of year. I imagined him taking them out in their first snow. I imagined my dad in that red and white suit talking to my kids, listening to their innocent voices. I imagined them knowing the "real" Santa like I did my whole life. I imagined the wonderment on their faces as they looked up in his bright, loving, blue eyes. I imagined the mystery and excitement, and one day the look on their faces as they looked at those big, safe hands and say, "that's Pop"! I imagined him telling them the same story he told me about how he was Santa's special helper, and had been asked specifically by Santa to help him visit little girls and boys. And that it was a secret and they couldn't tell anyone. And they wouldn't. And secretly they would be so proud that "their" Pop was chosen, like I always was.

Today I feel robbed. I feel robbed of those experiences and hundreds of others. that my children would have had with him.

They don't get to know him. They don't get to know of his goodness.

I'm listening to Christmas music, and today it doesn't feel like the most wonderful time of the year. All the words seem fake.

I'm sure things will be better tomorrow, and I will once again understand that things are how they should be. But today, right now, Christmas doesn't seem right without my dad.

9 comments:

Ricci said...

I feel the same way! You have every right to be angry. I am glad you are sharing your thoughts with us. It is crappy! But you will get through this, in your own time. I love you!

Amy B. said...

I'll be mad with you...it's not fair and it's sad...I'm sorry! One day they will get to know him and love him like you did...one day they will sit on his lap and look into his eyes and feel of his love...one day! I love you!

Brigitta said...

I am so sorry, and Guess what it is normal and healthy to feel those thoughts and even better to express them. I had no idea. I am sorry!!!!

Steph said...

I love you.

Audry said...

I'm so sorry, I can kind of relate. Although my dad is still alive, I no longer have a relationship with him and I've morned the loss.

Sally said...

You nailed it...and I didn't even realize it. I'm mad too! I hated seeing someone else at the Ward Christmas Party pretending to be Santa...when in fact, that spot has been taken. I hate that the deer in the front yard are only partially lit and that the Christmas tree lights are half off. I'm mad because I can't haul the boxes upstairs to make the house look wonderful and warm and I'm mad that I have to make the fudge. And... I think I'm the most mad that this is our 2nd Christmas without him...and it doesn't feel any easier.........

I'm mad too sweetie...that he won't show your kids their first snow or slip Gabby some Pepsi and fudge (you know he would)...

but thanks to God we have each other to be mad with...and we'll have a big group hug when we see him again.
I love you. Just get home safe!

Nicole said...

So sorry Tami! I wish that sweet Gabby could know him but you do have a special angel watching out for you and I think it is helpful. He was an excellent Santa.

D-dawg said...

Tami I am so sorry. That must be so hard. I can't even imagine but I know I would be just as mad if I knew my kids wouldn't get to experience some things with my dad. Why is life so unfair sometimes? I am happy that you are your mom are so close. I hope you guys are having a good Christmas holiday (despite the being mad which is ok). The best thing is you can be mad about that and happy at the same time. Anyway, we miss you here!

Erin said...

Tam- I miss your dad too. I'm so sorry. I love you!