May 11, 2008
Well technically, this was my first (real) Mother's Day. I was with Macie last year, but I don't usually refer to myself as her mom. She has a mom, so sometimes I think I'm just the lady that takes care of her and loves her. It's still weird to think of myself as a mom. Sometimes I look at Gabby and have to remember actually giving birth to her to believe she's mine! I'm so grateful for my 2 girls! What an adventure these last two years have been. I've learned a lot about quite a few things, but especially motherhood. WOW! It's wonderful and terrifying at the same time. It can be tiring and exhilarating in the same hour. I feel like I always appreciated my mom, but now I do on a different level. You just never stop working. Even when you physically stop, your mind keeps thinking about what you've got to do or should be doing now. I'm not sure how moms continue to stand up at the end of the day. I guess those are the times when your children say or do something amazing... or not. When they say something that touches your heart, or smile in just that way that only they can. Then you realize that the Lord has given you a gift that you will work tirelessly, until you cannot move or speak any longer, to make them into their best selves. We are blessed to be moms.....
Well technically, this was my first (real) Mother's Day. I was with Macie last year, but I don't usually refer to myself as her mom. She has a mom, so sometimes I think I'm just the lady that takes care of her and loves her. It's still weird to think of myself as a mom. Sometimes I look at Gabby and have to remember actually giving birth to her to believe she's mine! I'm so grateful for my 2 girls! What an adventure these last two years have been. I've learned a lot about quite a few things, but especially motherhood. WOW! It's wonderful and terrifying at the same time. It can be tiring and exhilarating in the same hour. I feel like I always appreciated my mom, but now I do on a different level. You just never stop working. Even when you physically stop, your mind keeps thinking about what you've got to do or should be doing now. I'm not sure how moms continue to stand up at the end of the day. I guess those are the times when your children say or do something amazing... or not. When they say something that touches your heart, or smile in just that way that only they can. Then you realize that the Lord has given you a gift that you will work tirelessly, until you cannot move or speak any longer, to make them into their best selves. We are blessed to be moms.....


1 comments:
YOU ARE THE BEST OF MOMS...AND BEAUTIFUL AT THAT...YOU HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE OF MOTHERHOOD AND GRANDMOTHERHOOD THRU YOUR MOM AND GRANDMOTHER..CONGRATULATIONS. LU JUDY PATUTIE PUDIN PIE
Post a Comment