Sorry for the boring football stats lately. I have been really drawing a blank with the blog. I did have an incident the other day though that I thought I'd share. (P.S. this turned out longer than I anticipated, sorry)
A little background..
Since I was about 17 yrs old I have had acrylic nails.
(not my hand)
I have had to change nail techs several times, which is painful. If you don't get your nails done, you probably think this is silly. If you do, you know how important a good tech can be. While it is true, there is a nail salon on every corner, most are not very good.
I went to a lady in Bountiful named Jeanette. I'd been going to her for 8 years. She is fantastic. Reasons why I loved Jeanette:
1. She is fast. Thiry minutes and I was out the door.
2. She doesn't really chat, which is good.
3. She knew exactly how to shape my nails.
4. She airbrushed a perfect french manicure.
5. I could go almost 3 weeks between fills.
6. She only charged $16 for a fill.
7. I could always get in within 1 day of calling.
So, as you can see I was more sad to leave Jeanette than some of my friends when I moved...(just trickin') but she was great.
I've now been is California for 23 months. I've been to countless salons and until last week I'd found no one that could even hit 2 of the above 7. I know it seems crazy but I've had a really hard time. I found one lady that I pretty much liked, but she charged me $40...Ummm..NO!
I've found ones less expensive, but the quality was terrible, and most of all... the techs have been rude. Especially the guys. I guess they figure there's a million other women out there, they don't need to be nice.
Anyway a few weeks ago, my cell broke. I went to Verizon and got it taken care of. The girl that helped me had great nails. (At this point I have no shame, and will ask anyone about nails to try and find a good tech). She told me the salon name and the tech to go to. I was so excited. There was hope for decent nails.
So here we are to last week. I made my appt. and showed up. The lady's name is Jenny, and she did my nails. They looked great! She shaped them well, was fast, not chatty etc. I was very pleased. She is actually the owner of the salon. Her 2 daughters work there, and her youngest daughter was out of school that day, hanging out at the salon. I think she is about 8 yrs old. Gabby was with me in her car seat. She had been great the whole time. She really didn't make a peep until the last 5 minutes. I was over drying my nails, (under the fan) and she was fussing a little for me. I saw the little girl come over and stand by Gabby. I thought, Oh good, she will talk to her for a minute so she won't fuss. Then I heard the girl say:
"Shut up baby, shut up baby, shut up baby, shut up baby, I'm telling you to shut up baby! Shut up baby, shut up baby......
She just kept saying it!
My timer went off, and I hurried over to Gab. The girl just looked at me, not embarrassed about what she'd been saying, just looking annoyed.
The older sister came over to tell me the amount. The little girl said; "Isn't that baby annoying? She needs to shut up!" (FYI, Gabby is not crying, just fussing a little). The sister was stunned... She told the girl that the baby was fine, and that's what babies did, and stuff like that. The little girl just kept telling her to shut up and that she was annoying. I wanted to tell that little girl that she was the one who was annoying, and tell her it wasn't nice to talk like that. But as I went to speak up, this is what I saw:
I saw myself being banned from the only decent salon I've found!
So what DID I say....
I said nothing. I said nothing, paid the girl and quickly left. I was too afraid that Jenny might be a "Nail Nazi". I did not want to offend her. I let that little brat talk badly to my innocent little angel. What kind of a mother am I?
If Gabby had been old enough to understand the words I would have said something, banned or not. I thought, this girl doesn't know better, just leave. Was I wrong?
I know I should have said something, in a nice way, because I've thought about it since it happened. That means I feel guilty. I don't mean to make this an earth shaking incident, but what would you have done?



11 comments:
Oh my goodness, Tami. I would have pinched the kid with my fresh talons.
Wow...I always knew the nails were important...but this puts a whole new meaning to it!!!!
I would have wanted to knock her block off and then pinch her!! You showed great restraint and did the right thing!
I don't know what I would have done...let's see...I really don't know?!? Mind you, a long time ago I wouldn't have hesitated to say something but since my friend, vitamin P. (prozac) came into play, I am way more mellow...remember me with Rob's kids!?! O-Boy was I mean!
You know...I would have wanted to say something-not just say something but SCREAM something to that annoying little girl!!! But I most likely would have done the same thing you did and then regret not saying anything for days after! The spoiled little brat!
what the heck wwew you thinking??? i would have told the little Brat that she is annoying and that she is the one that is going to shut up because I am going to knock her out and that these beautiful nails that your mommy just put on me are going to pop off cause I am gonna.... Do something mean to you. I am sorry there is noone more angelic than my little neice Chicken. So when I come to visit you then We are going to pay a little visit to the place and then we are gonig to visit and I am going to pay my reguard with a dozen Eggs ! Love you!
I probably would have done the same thing. And then worried about what I should have done or said. And then I would have blogged about it. Like I said, the same thing. . .
I would probably done what the sister did, and just told the little girl that, that's just what babies did. Then I would have left it at that.
When did you go to Verizon? Was it the girl with the cute green nails?
I get the whole need a good nail person thing. I stopped doing my nails for that very reason. I was too stressed out to try and find a good one out here.
Whatev's...that is SOOOOO your hand!
I think when someones behavior is so inappropriate you are almost at a loss. Once when Isaac got his hair cut the guy was quite rude and he was rough combing out his hair. I didn't say anything and I still regret it.
It would have been fine to tell the bratty girl,in a nice way not to talk like that to a baby. Also I think people should correct kids more often when they are out of line and if parents have a problem with it they aren't doing their job very well. I apparently had more to say about that than I would have thought.
Probably did the same thing, but inside I would have been screaming shut up you stupid... to the bratty little girl. And then told everyone what that girl said and had good stories to share with others. Seriously can't believe that little girl.
ooooh that would have made me mad. A few years ago I would have done nothing but I've now had enough of those experiences that I"ve learned to scold children who are not nice. It feels gooooooooood. Poor Gabi. But yay that you found someone good!
Post a Comment