BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Todd! (1 week early)

It's Todd's birthday on Saturday (the 23rd). I was trying to be proactive and secure our babysitter early, so I called her last week. Of course, she is busy. She said she was open on the 16th though, so I decided Todd was going to do a little early celebrating!

I wanted to do something a little different for him this year. He isn't one to get excited about his birthday, or anything really, so I have a tough time trying to pull out that "It's my birthday!!" feeling that you have when you're little. I kind of look at it as a challenge. Can I really make those eyes light up? Can I make this one to remember?

So, I saw this place on a TV commercial. It's a go-kart racing place in Livermore. I thought he might enjoy it. It's not bumper cars, you can go up to 45 mph. So we go in the car and went!

This was his reaction when we arrived:

Ok, not really. I made him pose.

This is the place.



Here we are in our suits ready to race! (That's Todd standing by me, he's being stealthy)



Here is the track. We went around it 14 times. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it was plenty for me. Apparently I've become very sensitive to motion in my old age. I was ready for it to be over after about 7 laps.



Here's me after... whoa pretty girl! Head socks, helmets and neck braces equal cute hair!



Todd liked it, but he did not fit well in his car. Shocking. So it wasn't super enjoyable for him either. We both kinda sucked at driving, and kept getting past by the other drivers. Todd couldn't maneuver well cause his knees were in his throat, and I, well... I just sucked.

After we retreated to a fabulous restaurant on 1st street in Livermore. It's called Simply Fondue, and I say SIMPLY YUM YUM!!


This was our first course:



Yummy vegetables and bread dipped in Italian Fontina cheese. Next we had salads. Then we had our meats. Coconut shrimp, garlic chicken, smoked beef sausage, bacon wrapped tenderloin, jerk chicken, and black tiger shrimp. Holy cow, I was in heaven. So no more pictures, I was too busy eating!

Then came the final course.

The chocolate.

Pound cake, brownies, marshmallows, pineapple, bananas, grapes, apples, rice crispies, strawberries, and snickers bites all to be dipped in a divine milk chocolate fondue.

I LOVED THIS PLACE! We had a lot of fun here. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it for a special night!

I think Todd had fun. He's not as expressive as I am about stuff like that. People can tell exactly how I'm feeling, pretty much all the time. And when I'm happy or excited, you know it. I'm learning he doesn't react like me, but he still enjoys it. It was a fun night together!

1 comments:

Amy B. said...

I have been dying to go to a Fondue place...it looks like so much fun and I am like you...I get really excited about little things like that! Happy B-Day Todd!!!