I was talking last night to my college roommate Neita. It's been 16 years since we lived together and we still talk. I love her. Anyway we started discussing music, and rested on the fact that we love Rascal Flatts. A couple of weeks ago they released their latest CD. I like many different types of music, but probably my favorite is country. ( Stop mocking me Stacey.) Now it's not the twangy, old Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson country. It's the new Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts country! I love it.
I love it because the music tells stories. They make you think, smile, love and sometimes cry. I love the beat and music of a song, but the words are important to me as well. Now, Todd can listen to a song 134 times and not know what's it's about. He could care less about the words. It's kind of hard to have "our" song because he doesn't pay attention to them.
Anyway, I love the new CD, as I knew I would. The music just makes me feel good. I'm sure you all have that music that does that to you.
One of the songs on the CD is called; Love Who You Love. This song is great. I wanted to share the chorus with you;
Love who you love
With all that you have
And don't waste the time
That flies so fast
Love who you love
AND SAY THAT YOU DO
Hold on as tight as they'll let you
Love who you love.
I love the line, "And say that you do". If I've learned anything in the last 2 years, it's that I'm glad that my dad knew I loved him.
For all you California Girls, they have a song called "She'd be California, if California was a girl." Check it out.

7 comments:
So you should check out Due West...I am claiming my fame here today by the fact that I grew up with the lead singer...Tim Gates! Anyways, they sound really good and I am really liking their stuff!
I like country too- not ALL of it, of course- there are too many annoying country songs but some of it is SO goo and especiallly when it has a good message.
Woohoo I'm mentioned in your blog! I feel way important. I'm kinda like Todd-remember when you would explain what a song was saying. Friday I was in the car and our boys came on and I turned up the volume really loud.(Melina was plugging her ears)I pictured in my head us back in college turning up your radio loud and dancing around our room to Rascal Flatts. Now that would have been fun. Anywho we can always remember Ketchum Hal!:)
OK, so you gave me the Flatts for my birthday...just now listening to it and I love it too! Is it ok that your Mom loves it too or is that just not right??? I cried when I heard "Forever". It just wasn't long enough. Thank goodness we have Forever!!
So, in the spirit of loving who I love and telling them... I'm telling you.... and not in a romantic, change teams kind of way.... lol, but in a can't imagine not having you as my friend kind of way! I love you!
HELLO...YOU ALIVE?? SO SAD, NO NEW POSTS!!
Thanks! You and Lori are my connection to the country circuit---love this!! P.S. Did you know Chez Betty won one of Utah's "best restaurant" awards this year? :)
Post a Comment