Greetings from Utah! The girls and I are on vacation in the beehive state for awhile. We arrived on Wed. at around 9:00 a.m. For those of you that are doing the math, yes, we did have to get up at 3:00 a.m.
We arrived safely, and all did well on the plane.
My mom picked us up at the airport and informed me we were going for surprise somewhere. I love surprises, especially from my mom cause she knows me so well.
We pulled up at the Art Market! The Art Market is a little boutique that only happens about 4 times a year. They have clothing, bags, home decor, art, fantastic jewelry, and just wonderful unique items, all from local artists. I have been buying, and loving things there for years.
I know it sounds dumb, but it is one thing that I've really missed since living away.
Anyway, they were having a special "jewelry only" boutique on Wednesday! Are you kidding me?
Utah is the promised land!
So after a half hour, I had collected about $350 worth of jewelry in my hands. Is that bad?
It took another half an hour to:
rationalize,
put down,
pick up,
try on,
imagine the whole ensemble,
put down,
think of the children,
rationalize,
pick up again,
and finally settle on one bracelet.
The second surprise was, we were going to have "tea" in the room next to the boutique. Mom made reservations for the 3 of us.
None of us had been to "tea" before, so we were a little excited to see what it was all about.
Granted, this was no date with the Queen, as I'm sure you are noticing the stacked up chairs in the background of all the photos. This was a toned down tea, if you will. No grand standing... just tea.
This was my cup, notice the very dainty "tea spoon".
We were given menus to pick our tea. There were several choices for caffeinated and decaffeinated.
Macie and I picked some decaffeinated one with Autumn in the name... sorry don't remember!
Moms had plum in it I think...
I didn't like the tea at all. It tasted like you grabbed flowers and twigs and blended them up. Not a fan.
We then were served these tasty beauties. Scones. YUM!
Then came our plates of very small people food. The shortbread cookies, and the cake like things on the left were delicious. The sandwiches.... not so much.
Seems like not so much food for the $23 a piece, mom shelled out for the tea! Yes that's not a type-0 my friends.
It was fun though, even if we did mock a lot! I believe Gabby liked her "tea" the best!
Шарий Задержан
4 years ago

2 comments:
I love tea parties at my house. Our last one consisted of crushed doritoes, swedish fish, crumbled up granola bar and dyed water (fruit punch flavor.) It was so fun. Let me know what your plans are for your trip...I promise I won't make you drink dried up flower pee.
Abby would love to go to a tea party, how fun is that! You guys look so adorable! I wish I could see you guys this weekend. Big hugs and kisses to everyone! Love you
Post a Comment