Gabby's 2nd Birthday Party. I made a sad attempt at a castle cake. Hopefully she won't remember that.
We got her a set of table and chairs. It was darling! My mom got her a tea set. She quickly sat down and got to business!
Halloween
Here are the four 2 year olds. We tried for 10 minutes to get them to sit down and smile. This was the best we could get. Sage is holding her head, because Carson just slapped her. She was such a good sport, didn't even cry. It was a fun night!
November
We spent Thanksgiving in St. George with Todd's parents. It was a nice day, very relaxed. The next morning, Sal and I ventured out to shop for the deals. We only got half of what we wanted. Apparently 4:00 a.m. was early enough. We had fun though! Sorry no photos!
December
We went with Todd's parents to see the lights at Temple Square. Living in Utah I had been many, many times and I think took it for granted. I missed going there while we lived in California. They were still beautiful, but it was soooooooooo cold!
Family Christmas Party
Our family, like most, has a Christmas party every year. Lots of years in the past Santa has visited the kids with presents. As you know our Santa left us 3 years ago. Earlier my mom had asked Todd if he would be interested. He was a little hesitant, but said he would try. I know this sounds kind of funny, but the whole "Santa thing" in our family is kinda sacred. My dad just cared so much about it, and truly loved talking to the kids. Todd is the only one I would let wear the suit. It's just too special for anyone else. I went in the room to help him get ready. Wow, that was kinda weird. I'd helped my dad with his hair and belt before, and now here was my husband taking over "the family business" if you will. He needed a bit more padding though. I felt proud and happy that he was trying it out. He was nervous. Downstairs we heard bells ringing. Here he came bounding in with a Ho, Ho, Ho, and Merry Christmas. He sat down and the kids beamed. He did so great! He talked with them, asked them questions, and even called up Grandpa! Dad would have been proud, I know I was.
Christmas
For some reason I only have 1 shot of Christmas! Macie is checking out her stocking, and Gabby is busying strolling with her baby! Mom spent the night, and it was a great holiday.
January 2010
Our newest bundle of joy came early January 7th at 5:00 a.m. He came almost a full month early. I was not complaining! I had already spent Dec. 31, in the hospital. They got my contractions stopped and sent me home. It was a much slower process than Gabby, but in the end, 1 push and he was out! Ty Gordon Johnson came in to this world pink and beautiful!
March
We had a horrible event in our family this month. Tyler and Sarah's beautiful 2 year old daughter passed away. It was sudden and tragic. Nothing makes losing a child feel better. No words, no music, and no amount of silence. I've lost important, special, people in my life, but not a child. I hope I never have to go through that kind of pain. Our prayers were and still are with Sarah, Tyler and their family.
April through June coming soon!


-Sepia%5B1%5D.jpg)

3 comments:
Love those picture!! Love the update.
Nice to see you post. Congrats on your new bundle!
Yea! You're back!! I loved seeing you and the kiddos!
Post a Comment