Hey there! I want to write about a few things that happened these past couple months. I was gone to Utah the entire month of July, and the whole month of June I was sick as a dog (or should I say a pregnant woman). Yes, for those of you who don't know I am with child! Yeah! Todd and I were very excited. After the first month though I got very sick. This was a new development because I didn't get sick with Gabby. I was throwing up daily, and couldn't keep much down. My poor family. I really wasn't a very good wife or mother during this time. Thank goodness Todd did what he could after his 14 hr days at work. He was a trooper. I did take some meds, but without much success. The day we left for Utah, I went to the doctor. He gave me some additional medicine, and I did much better. The meds made me a bit dizzy, but it was better than throwing up. By about 12 1/2 weeks, I felt much better, and I no longer need the drugs! Yeah!
Anyway, I wanted to post some pics from Utah. We had a great time visiting with my mom. Macie got to spend 2 weeks with her Grandma and Grandpa, and she loved it!
My family loves the 4th of July. It's right up there with Christmas for me. I haven't got to spend it with my "extended" family in 4 years, so this was such a treat! The tradition is we go to the Kaysville parade, then swim at my cousins' home, then head up to Grandpa's for a BBQ and fireworks on the lawn! It was a great day!
4TH OF JULY
Grandpa Palmer is last guy on this truck. They always have him ride with the war veterans.
After the regular parade, there is a WATER parade! All the kids line up at the curb, and the parents run. There is some serious water being shot from those hoses! Below, Tyler is running for cover, and Macie is saying "bring it on!"
Macie...or drowned rat?
Todd and Macie playing lawn games.
Carson ready for his cupcake!
MACIE AND THE HORSE
My mom arranged for Macie to take a riding lesson from this fabulous place called Courage Reins. They provide riding lessons for disabled people. They usually do not allow "1 time" rides, but they agreed to let Macie do it. I was a little apprehensive because sometimes Macie is very stubborn and if she doesn't want to do something, you can't make her do it. I was really hoping she wouldn't be too nervous, and get on the horse.
They started by having her brush the horse.
Then they had her clean out his shoes. I didn't think she would do that, but she did.
They then had her lead the horse into the arena, and stand up on the platform. Here it was... the moment of truth, was she going to get on...........well before I even could worry about it she was on the horse!!
They had her throw balls in the hoops, match up colored stars on the walls, and learn to lean over and grab things from the barrels. It was much more than just riding the horse! She rode that horse for over 45 minutes! She did so great! And to say she had a good time would be an under statement!
Her teachers had a great time with her, and hope we can come back again! Way to go Macie!
Sorry this is turning out much longer than I anticipated........
GABBY'S FIRST HAIRCUT
Gabby's first haircut! We took her to a place called Cookie Cutters in Bountiful. It is a darling place for little kids. I don't really think she cared about the pink car. She basically wanted out!
Trying to be brave....
Doesn't like the blow dryer
"I hate this car, but I can see now!"
PALMER REUNION
Gabby's first Palmer reunion! She loved hanging with Grandpa De, Judy, Bob, and Sue!
GRANDPA DE'S 89TH BIRTHDAY!
We had a nice adult get together to celebrate Grandpa!
Grandpa Dan came to visit us for a couple of hours from St. George. It was great to talk with him and David. Gabby loves her Grandpa!
RANDOM CUTENESS!
Gabby spent a lot of time in Grandma's toy drawer!
Gabby and Jenner loved Judy's little chairs. Those two are so cute. I wish they got to spend
more time together!
Thanks mom for putting up with us for a month! We tried not to be as messy this time. Thanks for the beds, the meals, and fun, but mostly the love. No place is better than your mom's house.
Шарий Задержан
4 years ago

6 comments:
You guys were BUSY!! I was glad we got to see you a couple of times..miss you not being around! I am glad you are feeling better. Love you.
Steph
It's great to see your blog again. I'm sorry you have been so sick. By-the-way, Macie told me it was a boy and there were 2 babies. I laughed, she is so funny. When she was here all she talked about was riding the horse. That was really special for her. You are a great Mom.
p.s.
I love the picture of Gabby sitting by Macie on the curb waiting for the parade. Macie was happy to be there with the other little kids and Gabby was sitting proudly by her big sister. It was great!
Yea! Congratulations! I'm sooo excited for you. I was wondering what you have been doing, and now I know. I'm glad you had a great time with your Mom. Someday we need to catch up.
Wow!!! I know there was a ton on this post, but I am so excited you are expecting!!! I can't wait and see if he/she looks as darling as Gabby! I miss you and hope you are doing good! And hang in there...it will be over soon!
Tami!! Happy Birthday!! I wanted to call you, but darnit. . .I don't have your new number!! So hope you had a super great day and I hope we can get together soon!! Love you! Erin
Post a Comment